It is a distributed vast network that connect all type of devices together.
There are total 5 fundamental parts of any data communication –
- Message – For a data communication one of the most important thing is message or the data.
- Sender – The second thing is sender there must be a person or application which is sending the data.
- Receiver – The third part obviously is the receiver there also must be a receiver in order to receive the data.
- Transmission Medium – It is the way by which the data is going to be transferred. It can be many types for example – Wire, wireless etc.
- Protocol – It is similar to human conversation some device send some message/request to another machine and it sends back reply as another message/request. In general protocol is a set of rule upon which devices communicate with each other.